Saturday, February 18, 2012

NOMNOMNOM HAPPY FOOD!

Hey there!

Remember the restaurant in Tomas Morato I was talking about here? I have finally got the chance to visit it and try their food just last Valentine's day! And cheezuz, the place is lovely. It was a small restaurant with a homey ambiance. It was exactly my kind of place--private, rustic and creative.

Jay and I planned to have a late Vday celebration for this year because 1.) 14th is a Tuesday so I don't feel like going home late and having to wake up so early for work the next day, 2.) it will definitely be TRAFFIC and 3) our initial choice of place (which is worth another entry) was already fully booked. So Jay made a reservation on Friday instead and decided to just have coffee or afternoon snack after my work on the 14th. But because I change my mind just like, I remembered this restaurant and thought that maybe it was the perfect time to finally pay it a visit. That, therefore gave us a chance to celebrate twice for the this year's Vday! 

Knowing that people will be all over every restaurant in the metro on Valentine's day, I asked Jay to make a reservation for us on this restaurant so we are sure to be accommodated. Good thing it wasn't mainstream and that we arrived early, the place isn't crowded--yet. I was still able to take pictures of the place without being shy-lol. okay, enough of my preludes and let me take you to-tantananannnnnnnnn: NOMNOMNOM Happy Food!!











The place is so tumblr-ish. If you have tumblr account you know what I'm talking about. Oh my, I just love everything about the place! So homey and laid-back, I wanted a place like this of my own. From the bird cages to the roughly painted tables and chairs, I swear I fell in love with the place. The colors blue and white that dominated the interior gives you a feeling of no intimidation at all. And the food? Ahh yes, I almost forgot.

Their food is great, really a happy food. Since it's a Vday, they have a course arranged if you would like to avail. Sadly, their Malinomnom pizza isn't part of any of the packages for Vday and that's what Jay really wanted to try. So we opted to order whatever we like from their regular menu instead. In that case, we are not restricted to whatever is prearranged from their Vday promo packages. 

We had two different pastas and they are both equally good, and I also love the rosemary bread that comes with it. The chicken lollipops were a bit burnt but nevertheless are tasty and crunchy. Their 'Malinomnom' pizza is comprised of all Filipino ingredients such as kesong puti, tinapa, itlog na pula, etc. and also very good. Also, I especially like their flavored strawberry iced tea. Too bad their macarons and tea combo that I really wanted to try wasn't available that night. But we had a sumptuous dinner, nonetheless.  <33

With such a lovely ambiance and good food, I am definitely going back! It's kind of out of my way but with a place like that, I don't really mind. Next time, macarons and tea will have to be available for me! lol. If you wanna come to their place, you may first want to check their site for more information, they even have map as to where they are located exactly. 

Unit 2, Lower ground Floor, GYY Building
1 Tomas Morato cor. E. Rodriguez, Sts., Quezon City

**Sorry for crappy photos. I had to use my phone for the mean time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment